If you are interested in learning how candidates and political committees in North Carolina raise and spend money for their campaigns, you can access their campaign finance disclosures online. Here are some steps to help you find the information you need:
1. Go to the website of the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE) at https://www.ncsbe.gov/campaign-finance.
2. Click on the tab “Campaign Finance” and then on the button “Search Campaign Funding and Spending Reports and Penalties”.
3. You will see four options to search campaign finance reports: by committee/entity, by document type, by reported transactions, or by penalties to county and municipal committees.
4. Choose the option that suits your needs. For example, if you want to see the reports of a specific candidate or committee, you can search by their name or keywords in the “Campaign Document Search by Entity” option. If you want to see the contributions and expenditures of all committees, you can use the “Transaction Search by Entity” option and filter by various criteria.
5. You can view, download, or print the campaign finance documents that match your search. You can also see if any penalties have been assessed to the committees for non-compliance with reporting requirements.
By following these steps, you can access a wealth of information about campaign finance in North Carolina and learn more about the sources and uses of money in politics.